Telescope alignment and locating objects are two of the biggest obstacles for most who observe the night sky. Meade’s ETX-AT-TC Astro Telescope is designed to help overcome these two issues with its AutoStar feature.
This computer controller is able to locate over 1400 objects, including stars, planets, nebulae, and galaxies just by pushing a button.
You can either choose an object to observe, or choose the Tonight’s Best tour feature which will take you on a tour of the best stars, planets, and other objects that night.
There are over 30,000 celestial objects in the computer’s database.
Also, the LCD display will provide details about what you’re observing, such as temperature, mass, distance, and historical information.
- Built in Barlow Lens that offers additional power when viewing planetary and lunar surfaces
- Internal Time Chip maintains accurate factory-calibrated time and date
- A bubble-level/compass allows for easier and faster initialization
- Sturdy, adjustable, and lightweight tripod
- Two premium four-element 1.25-inch Super Plössl eyepieces (SP9.7mm, SP26mm) for wide visual field and comfortable eye-relief
- AutoStar Suite Astronomer Software on DVD
The Meade ETX-80AT-TC Astro Telescope is ideal for casual observers who want to view the planets, moon, deep-space objects like ashes to space, and terrestrial landmarks. In addition to astronomy, it’s best used for travel, bird watching, hiking, and travel.
- Quality Lenses
- Wide Field Views
- Well Built
- Comfortable Eyepiece
- AutoStar Learning Curve
- Focus knob is small and tight
- Focusing can cause vibrations at higher magnifications
- Low quality Barlow
- Shaky tripod
Good beginner telescope for the price, it may take a few days to master AutoStar. It’s very easy to put together and rates high for value, quality, and portability.